"*" indicates required fields
We encourage students to submit works that they are most proud of, that embodies who they are, and shows off their achievements as an artist. Please note that submissions are not limited to artwork made in school nor in your grade 12 year; artwork created outside of school is acceptable.
Requirements for artwork submissions:
- Up to four (4) artworks submissions are permitted per student. Two (2) will guaranteed to be in gallery, and two (2) will be included online.
- Your name and title of the artwork is written on the back of your artwork at drop off to the gallery.
- All wall-hanging artworks have d-hooks and wire installed at the time of drop off.
- Accurately measure the outside edges of your artwork in inches. The measurement order should go as the following: (width)” x (height)” x (depth, if applicable)”. If your work is framed, include the frame size.
- Please photograph your submitted artwork to the best of your ability: ie. take photo in a well-lit environment, avoid flash, and consider setting a timer if using a mobile phone (this avoids the movement created while you are tapping the screen to take a photo.)
If your work is digital or a video, please submit a link in your description of the artwork and upload a screen capture that best represents your submission.
Artworks that are incomplete or not ready for installation by the time of art drop off will not be accepted.
Medium: Digital Photography printed on canvas
Size (in inches, w x h x d): 10" x 8"
Notes: This is a framed photo
Title: Square Practice
Medium: Carved oak wood
Size (in inches, w x h x d): 3.5" x 3.5" x 3.5"
Notes: This sculpture will need to be displayed on a plinth (a tall platform for it to sit on).
Size (in inches, w x h x d): 2 minutes 53 seconds
Notes: *Insert video link from YouTube/Vimeo/Instagram etc.*
*This artwork is guaranteed to be exhibited in the gallery. For this submission, please submit the artwork you want exhibited in the gallery the most
*This artwork submission will be included online on our website only, unless otherwise requested by the Aurora Cultural Centre. Please ensure that any artworks you want exhibited in the gallery within Artwork Submission #1 or #2 (above)
If NO, I will contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an alternative option.
Aurora Town Hall, North Entrance – Upper Level Parking Lot
100 John West Way Aurora, ON L4G 6J1
Art Bytes is a series where we interview artists about their processes, thoughts behind their artwork, and their overall practice. For an example of a MCOYA Student Spotlight, click the link here.
We will be hosting an installation party on Friday, February 2nd, 2024 (PA Day) from 10AM – 2PM to celebrate the completion MCOYA24! Help us install the show and choose where your art will go in the gallery. Volunteer hours AND pizza will be provided for participants!