**Registration closes April 22 at noon**
Learn to carve and achieve satisfying results as you create pieces in relief and in the round. Appropriate for the absolute beginner to the experienced carver. Learn safe and skillful use of the knife, gouges and other tools. A $70 materials fee includes your own new knife, wood blanks and safety glove, as well as all supplementary resources. Nominal fee for returning students to pay for wood blanks, etc. A fully refundable deposit of $105 is required at the start of the program for use of on loan gouges. Materials fee and fully refundable deposit payable to instructor on first day of class.
Meet Your Instructor
Instructor Marlene Ash has been practicing the art form of wood carving for nearly 25 years. An avid member of the Ontario Wood Carvers Association (OWCA), Marlene has exhibited at the Aurora Cultural Centre, the McMichael Canadian Art Collection as well as OWCA shows and competitions. Marlene has taught wood carving in Toronto schools and was part of a carving project entitled “The Maple Leaf Forever Tree”, which is on permanent display at the Ontario Science Centre. Marlene is an active member of the Society of York Region Artists in which she enjoys painting in a number of associated mediums. Marlene, along with her late husband Fred have taught at the Centre for nearly a decade.
Updated March 2, 2022
Registered Educational Programming Safety Protocols
The Aurora Cultural Centre is committed to creating a safe environment for you to enjoy live programming. All patrons are required to follow the Centre’s COVID-19 protocols as expressly outlined in our policies, and as guided by the Province of Ontario. The Centre reserves the right to continue health measures that may exceed current guidelines.
- Please familiarize yourself with our current Health and Safety Guidelines in our COVID-19 Update page.
- Masks are required at all times at all live programming. This policy will continue through June 30, 2022 and be revisited at that time.
- Proof of Vaccination is no longer required.
- Patrons will be asked to review a set of Passive Screening questions at time of entry.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre’s Vaccination Policy remains in effect for all employees, volunteers, contractors and instructors.
- Our pandemic refund policy is extremely flexible. Cancel any time before the start of a program – and for any reason – and we will refund your money. This includes in the event that you arrive at the venue and find yourself feeling uncomfortable.
Your feedback is vital. Please contribute your insights to our team members at any time.
For questions, please reach out to us by email, or via Live Chat on our website. All queries will be answered within the following business day.
Thank you. We are happy to welcome you back!