VIRTUAL – Signs of Spring: Watercolours Short Course
April 14, 2022 - April 28, 2022 |
*Registration closes April 11 at 10:00 am*
Thursdays | VIRTUAL | 3 weeks | 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm | April 14 – 28 | 16+
Immerse yourself in the beauty of Spring in this watercolours short course. Learn and explore the technical complexities of painting fresh blooms, budding greenery, and glistening sunshine. Discover how you can use light and shadow to capture the essence and wonderment of nature. You will use images as your inspiration to create your pieces, and you will leave this class with your own seasonal watercolour paintings. Materials List available for download above.
This course is intended for students with some previous watercolour painting experience.
Weekly live sessions on Zoom will be recorded and shared with registrants to watch back for their own personal learning.
Meet Your Instructor
Instructor Nancy Newman (B.A.) is a retired art teacher from the York Region District School Board. She is an active practicing artist and is affiliated with a number of professional artist groups, such as the Toronto Watercolour Society, the Society of York Region Artists, the East Central Ontario Art Association, the Canadian Society of Painters in Watercolour, along with the Blue Mountain Foundation for the Arts. Nancy has exhibited in dozens of solo and group exhibitions across the province. She has over 40 years of experience in curriculum writing, educational workshops, along with literacy and arts leadership.
Updated March 2, 2022
Registered Educational Programming Safety Protocols
The Aurora Cultural Centre is committed to creating a safe environment for you to enjoy live programming. All patrons are required to follow the Centre’s COVID-19 protocols as expressly outlined in our policies, and as guided by the Province of Ontario. The Centre reserves the right to continue health measures that may exceed current guidelines.
- Please familiarize yourself with our current Health and Safety Guidelines in our COVID-19 Update page.
- Masks are required at all times at all live programming. This policy will continue through June 30, 2022 and be revisited at that time.
- Proof of Vaccination is no longer required.
- Patrons will be asked to review a set of Passive Screening questions at time of entry.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre’s Vaccination Policy remains in effect for all employees, volunteers, contractors and instructors.
- Our pandemic refund policy is extremely flexible. Cancel any time before the start of a program – and for any reason – and we will refund your money. This includes in the event that you arrive at the venue and find yourself feeling uncomfortable.
Your feedback is vital. Please contribute your insights to our team members at any time.
For questions, please reach out to us by email, or via Live Chat on our website. All queries will be answered within the following business day.
Thank you. We are happy to welcome you back!