View from the Pines is a juried group exhibition of fine ceramic new works by over 40 members of the Pine Tree Potters’ Guild. Distinguished juror’s Janna Hiemstra, Executive Director of Craft Ontario and Angelo di Petta, internationally renowned ceramic artist, will assess work according to craftsmanship, excellence of design and originality. Reviewing over 90 submissions, the jury selected 48 pieces of art for the exhibition that reflect fine craftsmanship, excellence of design and originality.
The exhibition celebrates the 40th anniversary of the guild with free special events planned during this exhibition for the public. In addition to a wheel throwing demonstration, there will be opportunities for the public to play with clay at hand building events.
As part of the Guild’s 40th anniversary, members have be given the opportunity to collaborate and have fun creating Garden Totems which will be available for sale during the exhibition.
All artwork is available for purchase.
Docent in the Gallery
Docents from the Pine Tree Potters’ Guild will be in the galleries throughout the summer to greet visitors and discuss their creative process and their 40th Anniversary show, View from the Pines.
- Sat. Aug. 10 | 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. with Ann Wilkinson and 1p.m. to 4p.m. with Hazel McPhee
- Sat. Aug. 17 | 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. with Ann Wilkinson and 1p.m. to 4p.m. with Hazel McPhee
- Sat. Aug. 24 | 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. with Deb Riley
- Fri. Sept. 6 | 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. with Josee Pirri
- Thur. Sept. 12 | 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. with Paoletta DiFillipis
- Sat. Sept. 14 | 1p.m. to 4 p.m. with Rhonda Uppington
- Wed. Sept. 18 | 1 – 4 p.m. with Jane Whitaker
- Thur. Sept. 19 | 11 pam. to 1 p.m. with Paoletta Di Fillipis
- Sat. Sept. 21 | 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. with Rhonda Uppington
- Tues. Sept. 24 | 1 -4 p.m. with Diane Jupp
- Culture Days Sat. Sept. 28 | 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. with Cheryl Milne
1 p.m. to 4 p.m. with Brenda Zysman
Artist Reception and Award Ceremony
Wednesday August 14 | Red Gallery 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Play with Clay | Saturday August 17 | 10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Pine Tree Potters’ Guild invites you to “play with clay” and discover the beauty of working in this art form. All welcome. Free event.
Wheel Throwing Demo | Saturday August 24 | 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Experience this exciting wheel throwing demonstration during our Culture Days celebration. Hosted by Pine Tree Potters’ Guild. All welcome. Free event.
Hand Building Workshop | Saturday September 28 | 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
A unique opportunity to play with clay and learn hand building techniques. Members of the Pine Tree Potters’ Guild will show you how. Join potters Teresa Dunlop, Donna Fegan, Cathy Harris, Mary Jane Omand, Katherine X-Pavlou on this exciting day.
Wheel Throwing Demo | Saturday September 28 | 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Experience this exciting wheel throwing demonstration during our Culture Days celebration. Facilitated by Pine Tree Potter Sheena Griffith. All welcome. Free event.
Monday – Saturday | 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Closed Sundays and statutory holidays.
Gallery admission is at no charge.