This presentation is made possible with the support of
Patron health and safety while attending events and programs is our top priority. To learn about the latest updates on actions taken by the Aurora Cultural Centre, please visit: COVID-19 Update
Thank you for your continued support of the Aurora Cultural Centre. This event is currently sold out.
Kaleidoscope Family Series
Celebrate Culture Days with us outside at the Town Park Bandshell! Join us for a free, family-friendly performance by the renowned Tribal Vision Dance Company. Headlined by Naomi and Derek Martin from Six Nations of the Grand River, along with 3 drummers, this incredible live singing, dancing and drumming presentation is presented in contemporary Powwow and traditional Haudenosaunee styles. Discover beautiful regalia, hear stories of how this music and dance has evolved, and gain a new understanding and cultural appreciation for this rich history.
Tribal Vision Dance has shared their culture through songs and dances throughout the world, touring Canada, Germany, Austria, Norway and Turkey. They have performed alongside Nelly Furtado, participated in the Olympic Torch Relay, and at the Pan Am Games.
Families will be greeted and brought to a their own physically-distanced circle in the Aurora Bandshell. Families may sit on blankets in these specified areas, or in your own chairs. Patrons will be seated within their social bubbles, and those with chairs will be seated behind groups seated on blankets for ease of viewing. Thank you for respecting the carefully-planned spacing designed for your health and safety.
This performance lasts approximately 45 minutes, and is suitable for all ages.
In accordance with all public health measures, this performance is limited to 100 ticket holders. Please, if you are unable to attend the event due to any circumstances, let our team know. This will allow those on the waitlist to attend. Thank you for your consideration.
Contact Tracing for all Members of the Party
By order of York Region Public Health contact tracing requirements, the Aurora Cultural Centre requires the names, email addresses and phone numbers of each member of your party. Parents and guardians, as you fill out the ticket form, you will be prompted to provide each name in your party. Please include your own email address and your own phone number for each child in your party. Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our community safe.
The Fine Print
- Tickets are free! Available online only.
- All patrons require a ticket, regardless of age. Ticket holders must be on the list in order to attend the event.
- All COVID-19 Safety Protocols will be communicated to patrons prior to each event, including pre-screening questions and instructions via an advance email.
- Please stay home if you or a member of your party is unwell.
- This event will take place in a fenced section of Aurora Town Park.
- While not mandatory outside, the Centre highly encourages wearing masks at time of screening entry, washroom visits, and exits. This keeps other patrons, staff and volunteers safe, and is appreciated.
- Due to provincial orders, no patron dancing or singing is allowed. Please tap your toes to enjoy the performance.
- Bring your own snacks and takeout! This is an alcohol-free event.
- There are no dogs allowed at this event – thank you for your understanding.