The Process of Printmaking
May 1, 2022 - May 8, 2022 |
**Registration closes April 29 at noon**
Sundays | May 1 & May 8 | 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
In this workshop for beginner and returning students, explore basic relief printmaking techniques by carving an image of your choice into a soft rubber-like block that you will then ink up and hand-print onto traditional Western and Japanese papers. In the first week, students will be introduced to the tools and processes, starting with non-toxic black and white ink, and in the following week building up to using coloured inks, including the vibrant rainbow roll and mixing colours. Students will leave this class with several original fine art prints plus the tools and ability to continue printmaking at home. Bring a bagged lunch, small cloth, old clothes or an apron, as well as sketches, drawings, or photographs for inspiration.
All tools and materials provided upon payment of $20.00 Materials Fee. Materials Fee payable to instructor at class.
Meet Your Instructor
Instructor Katie Argyle works across the mediums of ceramics, printmaking, and painting, exploring the unique qualities of each one. She has been a member of the Hill Potters’ Group for eight years, and before moving to York Region she was the ceramic technician at the Ottawa School of Art.
Updated March 2, 2022
Registered Educational Programming Safety Protocols
The Aurora Cultural Centre is committed to creating a safe environment for you to enjoy live programming. All patrons are required to follow the Centre’s COVID-19 protocols as expressly outlined in our policies, and as guided by the Province of Ontario. The Centre reserves the right to continue health measures that may exceed current guidelines.
- Please familiarize yourself with our current Health and Safety Guidelines in our COVID-19 Update page.
- Masks are required at all times at all live programming. This policy will continue through June 30, 2022 and be revisited at that time.
- Proof of Vaccination is no longer required.
- Patrons will be asked to review a set of Passive Screening questions at time of entry.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre’s Vaccination Policy remains in effect for all employees, volunteers, contractors and instructors.
- Our pandemic refund policy is extremely flexible. Cancel any time before the start of a program – and for any reason – and we will refund your money. This includes in the event that you arrive at the venue and find yourself feeling uncomfortable.
Your feedback is vital. Please contribute your insights to our team members at any time.
For questions, please reach out to us by email, or via Live Chat on our website. All queries will be answered within the following business day.
Thank you. We are happy to welcome you back!