The Magic of Pastels
June 19 @ 10:00 am |
*Registration closes June 17 at noon*
Sunday | June 19 | 10:00 am – 1:00 pm | One Day Workshop | 16+
Discover the beauty of working with the brilliant colours of soft pastels. In this half-day workshop geared to beginners and experienced alike, you will learn how to work with this purely pigmented medium and gain an understanding of the elements of colour theory, composition, layering and design. Participants will have fun and leave with their own pastel piece! Materials List available for download above.
Meet Your Instructor
Instructor Clarence Porter has been working with pastels for over 10 years. He received his Master Pastel Artist of Canada (MPAC) signature designation from Pastel Artists Canada in 2014 and his signature designation from the Pastel Society of America in 2016. He is also a member of the International Association of Pastel Societies.
Updated March 2, 2022
Registered Educational Programming Safety Protocols
The Aurora Cultural Centre is committed to creating a safe environment for you to enjoy live programming. All patrons are required to follow the Centre’s COVID-19 protocols as expressly outlined in our policies, and as guided by the Province of Ontario. The Centre reserves the right to continue health measures that may exceed current guidelines.
- Please familiarize yourself with our current Health and Safety Guidelines in our COVID-19 Update page.
- Masks are required at all times at all live programming. This policy will continue through June 30, 2022 and be revisited at that time.
- Proof of Vaccination is no longer required.
- Patrons will be asked to review a set of Passive Screening questions at time of entry.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre’s Vaccination Policy remains in effect for all employees, volunteers, contractors and instructors.
- Our pandemic refund policy is extremely flexible. Cancel any time before the start of a program – and for any reason – and we will refund your money. This includes in the event that you arrive at the venue and find yourself feeling uncomfortable.
Your feedback is vital. Please contribute your insights to our team members at any time.
For questions, please reach out to us by email, or via Live Chat on our website. All queries will be answered within the following business day.
Thank you. We are happy to welcome you back!