Brevik Hall Presents RBC Emerging Artist Series
Nova Scotian maritimer Luke Fraser and Alberta prairie-girl Sarah Frank create beautiful harmonies and enchanting melodies with old folk songs, poetry, and original songs in a Canadian folk and contemporary bluegrass framework. Luke’s guitar, mandolin, and harmonies are the ideal counterpoint to Sarah’s sweet-yet-powerful vocals, lyrical fiddle and claw-hammer banjo. Innovative arrangements give their songs layer upon layer of sonically satisfying surprises. They tour internationally, bringing their East Coast influences beyond our borders to increasing fame.
Awards and Nominations
Canadian Songwriting Competition, Live Recording (Finalists – 2018)
Folk Music Ontario, Recording Artist of the Year (Winners – 2017)
Canadian Folk Music Awards, Vocal Group of the Year (Nominees – 2017)
Canadian Folk Music Awards, Emerging Artist of the Year (Nominees – 2017)
The Bombadils appear this evening in a three-piece ensemble.
A Programmer’s Note from Jane
Part of the many joys of my work is connecting with our audience and their musical passions. I particularly love it when this dovetails with bringing their picks to the stage. Such is The Bombadils. A couple of our guests who love to discover new music were enthusiastic in their praise of this group, whom they had discovered recently and felt would be a perfect fit for us – what with their Nova Scotia base, Celtic & folk roots mixed in with pop influences. Plus, they added, they’re a wicked live show. That send me scurrying to my trusty sources – and after a bit of back-and-forth trying to find a date that worked for all of us – we lured them to Ontario for our series. Come and see what all the fuss is about!
And, if you find someone you think might be a great fit for our Aurora audience, please drop me a line at janetaylor[at]auroraculturalcentre[dot]ca . I can’t guarantee we’ll book them, but I will give them a listen as I continue my never-ending quest to bring new artists to our stage. Thank you!
Do you love discovering new Canadian music?
This specially-curated selection of 3 concerts brings together soaring vocals, astonishing songwriting and performance, and new Celtic musical stylings. Purchase the Brevik Hall Present RBC Emerging Artist Series Series for the low subscription package price of $84 (HST included) – a 20% savings off the regular ticket price.
- QW4RTZ a capella | March 5, 2020
- Kaia Kater Trio | April 24, 2020
- The Bombadils | May 22 2020
The Fine Print
- NEW! Tickets and subscriptions are available online at auroraculturalcentre.ca (starting in July), by phone at 905 713-1818, or at the Box Office during business hours.
- Subscriptions are now on sale: individual tickets go on sale starting September 3, 2019 at 10 am.
- HST is included in all ticket and subscription prices.
- Ways to Save. Our subscription series packages offer the best option to save, with 20% off your series purchase. Visit here for our selection of subscription packages.
- All patrons require a ticket, regardless of age.
- All tickets are final sale; no refund or exchange is available.
- Cash Bar & CDs available at most Brevik Hall Presents shows.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre is accessible, with an elevator entrance at the north glass doors. Brevik Hall is located on the second floor; there are 2 accessible washrooms on the main and 2nd floor, as well as on the lower level.