Meridian Magic Carpet Series
Taama – “Journey” in the Dioula language of Burkina Faso – brings together a Burkinabe singer and a Breton violinist in a colourful world that mixes traditional rhymes and classical melodies.
The Story: A woman seeks a haven of peace to to rebuild a nest and set up her shop. In her bags, she has the instruments that remind her of the sounds and songs of her country. So many treasures that make its richness. Along the way, she meets a traveling musician who joins her on a shared musical path that crosses borders of culture and language.
This story is imaginatively and beautifully told through music, and appropriate for 12 months and up.
A production of Théâtre de la Guimbarde in collaboration with Théâtre Éclair and The Théâtre Soleil (Burkina Faso). Proudly presented in partnership with the WeeFestival of Arts and Culture for Early Years.
The Fine Print
- NEW! Tickets and subscriptions are available online at auroraculturalcentre.ca (starting in July), by phone at 905 713-1818, or at the Box Office during business hours.
- Subscriptions are now on sale: individual concerts go on sale starting September 3, 2019 at 10 am
- HST is included in all ticket and subscription prices.
- Ways to Save: Our subscription series packages offer the best option to save on your concert purchase. Click here to discover our various subscription packages.
- All patrons require a ticket, regardless of age.
- All tickets are final sale; no refund or exchange is available.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre is accessible, with an elevator entrance at the north glass doors. Brevik Hall is located on the second floor; there are 2 accessible washrooms on the main and 2nd floor, as well as on the lower level.