Sarah Hagen presents “Perk Up, Pianist!”
March 11, 2022 @ 7:30 pm |
Sarah Hagen Presents
“Perk Up, Pianist!”
Great Artist Music Series
6:45 pm Doors Open
7:30 pm Concert
**22% Off in ’22!** – Special Discounted pricing available for live in-person tickets. Select tickets under the “22% Off in ’22!” when purchasing!
Live In-Person: $35.00 (HST included)
Virtual Livestream: $15.00 (HST included)
[Note that the livestream performance link will be available to watch for 7 days after the show, concluding March 18 at 5:00pm]
No walk-up/at door sales.
Often referred to as the next Victor Borge, Sarah has transformed her award-winning role as “concert pianist” into a stand-up, or rather, sit-down comedy. Pairing anecdotes with music, “Perk up, pianist!” takes audiences deep inside the world of a classical musician as she shares her earnest efforts to keep her spirits up in the midst of troublesome times. Described as “one of the best hours I’ve ever spent at the Fringe” (The Coast, Halifax), “Perk up, pianist!” tells the tale of a touring classical musician remaining optimistic in the midst of challenging and ridiculous situations. Of the show’s debut at the Toronto Fringe Festival, Montreal Rampage wrote, “Hagen reminds us the beauty of how an honest solo performance can make you so easily fall in love with its performer.” Directed by Rick Roberts. Created, written, and performed by Sarah Hagen, with original compositions.
Awarded as Artist of the Year by both Ontario Contact (2017) and the BC Touring Council (2015), and mentioned by The Guardian (Charlottetown) as the Best Classical Performance of 2014, pianist Sarah Hagen’s interpretations have been described as “outstandingly inventive” [University of Waterloo Gazette]. Her extensive touring has taken her across Canada, to Sweden, France, Germany and Italy, and twice to New York City’s Carnegie Hall. Sarah’s latest album, Women of Note, highlights two forgotten female composers of the 18th century, and was awarded the 2021 Music PEI Instrumental Recording of the Year.
**Ticket sales close March 11, 2022 at 12:00PM**
Updated March 2, 2022
Performing Arts & Events Safety Protocols
The Aurora Cultural Centre is committed to creating a safe environment for you to enjoy live events. All patrons are required to follow the Centre’s COVID-19 protocols as expressly outlined in our policies, and as guided by the Province of Ontario. The Centre reserves the right to continue health measures that may exceed current guidelines.
- Please familiarize yourself with our current Health and Safety Guidelines in our COVID-19 Update page.
- Masks are required at all times at all live events. This policy will continue through June 20, 2022 and be revisited at that time.
- Proof of Vaccination is no longer required.
- Patrons will be asked to review a set of Passive Screening questions at time of entry.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre’s Vaccination Policy remains in effect for all employees, volunteers, contractors and instructors.
- Our pandemic refund policy is extremely flexible. Cancel any time before the start of a show – and for any reason – and we will refund your money. This includes in the event that you arrive at the venue and find yourself feeling uncomfortable.
Your feedback is vital. Please contribute your insights to our post-show surveys, or speak to our team members at any time.
For questions, please reach out to us by email, or via Live Chat on our website. All queries will be answered within the following business day.
Thank you. We are happy to welcome you back!
This presentation is made possible with the support of