Brevik Hall Presents Signature Series
Few traditional Newfoundland bands have risen as quickly in the ranks as Rum Ragged. Formed by singer/guitarist Mark Manning and singer/accordion player Aaron Collis a few years ago, the duo expanded to a four-piece with the addition of Anthony Chafe on bodhran and Michael Boone on bass and banjo – delivering the full traditional spectrum of Newfoundland music. Hailing from four different outport communities around the island, the musicians of Rum Ragged have garnered respect from a loyal, ever-growing fan base as well as their musical peers. From spirited instrumentals to heartfelt ballads, they pay homage to the greats that came before them while carving out a fresh, unique sound of their own.
Rum Ragged released their debut album in the summer of 2016, it received widespread attention and acclaim with a MusicNL nominations for “Album of the Year” and a Music NL win for “Folk Roots Recording of the Year” in 2016. The album was also nominated for 2017 East Coast Music Award for”Roots/Traditional Album of the Year”, the group was awarded MusicNL Celtic/Traditional Artist of the Year” in that same year. Just this past season, they were again nominated for an ECMA for “Roots/Traditional Album of the Year.”
The Fine Print
- NEW! Tickets and subscriptions are available online at auroraculturalcentre.ca (starting in July), by phone at 905 713-1818, or at the Box Office during business hours.
- Subscriptions are now on sale: individual tickets go on sale starting September 3, 2019 at 10 am.
- HST is included in all ticket and subscription prices.
- Ways to Save. Our subscription series packages offer the best option to save, with 20% off your series purchase. Visit here for our selection of subscription packages.
- All patrons require a ticket, regardless of age.
- All tickets are final sale; no refund or exchange is available.
- Cash Bar & CDs available at most Brevik Hall Presents shows.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre is accessible, with an elevator entrance at the north glass doors. Brevik Hall is located on the second floor; there are 2 accessible washrooms on the main and 2nd floor, as well as on the lower level.