Punch Needle Rug Hooking for Beginners
June 5, 2022 @ 10:00 am |
*Registration closes June 3rd at noon.*
Sunday | June 5 | 10:00 am – 4:00 pm | One Day Workshop | 16+
Punch needle is a fun and easy heritage form of rug hooking that creates delightful textured designs on fabric. Starting with a pattern, you will learn the basics of this meditative craft that will surely become your new favourite pastime! Leave this workshop with a small-scale completed (or nearly completed) piece, plus the skills to continue your creations. All tools and materials provided upon payment of $25.00 Materials Fee to instructor at workshop, with options available to purchase additional materials from the instructor should you wish to keep creating at home.
Meet Your Instructor
Instructor Carol (Cass) Gaylor is a textile artist from the City of Kawartha Lakes and certified Oxford Punch Needle Instructor. Cass has spent many years in the creative arts of quilting, acrylic painting, willow furniture construction, knitting, both commercial and personal projects. She is passionate about learning and sharing her skills to encourage others, “that all of us are creative beings”. She teaches in her studio in Kawartha Lakes. She is inspired by her world travels, gardens, and seeing the creations of those she teaches. A member of the OPNIG, OHCG & LDRHG.
Updated March 2, 2022
Registered Educational Programming Safety Protocols
The Aurora Cultural Centre is committed to creating a safe environment for you to enjoy live programming. All patrons are required to follow the Centre’s COVID-19 protocols as expressly outlined in our policies, and as guided by the Province of Ontario. The Centre reserves the right to continue health measures that may exceed current guidelines.
- Please familiarize yourself with our current Health and Safety Guidelines in our COVID-19 Update page.
- Masks are required at all times at all live programming. This policy will continue through June 30, 2022 and be revisited at that time.
- Proof of Vaccination is no longer required.
- Patrons will be asked to review a set of Passive Screening questions at time of entry.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre’s Vaccination Policy remains in effect for all employees, volunteers, contractors and instructors.
- Our pandemic refund policy is extremely flexible. Cancel any time before the start of a program – and for any reason – and we will refund your money. This includes in the event that you arrive at the venue and find yourself feeling uncomfortable.
Your feedback is vital. Please contribute your insights to our team members at any time.
For questions, please reach out to us by email, or via Live Chat on our website. All queries will be answered within the following business day.
Thank you. We are happy to welcome you back!