This event has been cancelled due to COVID-19. For more information visit our dedicated COVID-19 webpage. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Great Artist Music Series
Founded in 2013, Payadora has become one of Toronto’s most vibrant and sought-after tango acts. Their broad scope in the classic dance form draws from the height of Buenos Aires’ Tango tradition, including compositions by De Caro, Pugliese, Troilo, and Salgan, to the masterful, contemporary sounds of Astor Piazzolla and beyond. Drawing from eclectic backgrounds in Classical, Jazz, Latin, Eastern European folk music, and improvisation, Payadora’s performances exude technical virtuosity, playful spontaneity, and rhythmic vitality. Performing Argentinian/Uruguayan tango and folk music and original compositions inspired by that tradition, Payadora has self-produced two albums and has developed a loyal following across Canada over the past six years.
The quartet features Rebekah Wolkstein, violin, voice; Drew Jurecka, bandoneon; Robert Horvath, piano, and Joseph Phillips, double bass. In the words of The Whole Note, “Each musician is a star soloist in their own right. Playing together has allowed them to develop and mature turning Payadora into a superstar group.” Payadora sells out wherever they travel – join us for this very special event.
6:45 pm | Pre-concert talk by the artists, accompanied by a tango dance demonstration
7:30 pm | Concert** Note the earlier concert start time
The Fine Print
- NEW! Tickets and subscriptions are now available online at auroraculturalcentre.ca (starting in July), or at the Box Office during business hours.
- Subscriptions are now on sale: individual concerts go on sale starting September 3, 2019 at 10 am
- HST is included in all ticket and subscription prices.
- Ways to Save: Our subscription series packages offer the best option to save on your concert purchase. Visit here to discover your subscription options.
- All patrons require a ticket, regardless of age.
- All tickets are final sale; no refund or exchange is available.
- CDs available for cash sale at most Brevik Hall Presents shows.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre is accessible, with an elevator entrance at the north glass doors. Brevik Hall is located on the second floor; there are 2 accessible washrooms on the main and 2nd floor, as well as on the lower level.