April 7 @ 7:30 pm |
6:45 pm Doors Open
7:30 pm Concert
**22% Off in ’22!** – Special Discounted pricing available. Select tickets under the “22% Off in ’22!” when purchasing!
Live In-Person: $50.00 (HST included)
Leela Gilday’s power comes straight from the earth, conveying her feelings of love and life in a rugged environment and vibrant culture. Born and raised in the Northwest Territories, she writes about the people and the land that created her, most recently winning her a 2021 Juno Award for Indigenous Artist of the Year. Confessing her stories to her audiences with a gutsy voice and open stage presence, Gilday weaves her experiences as a northerner, a member of the Dene Nation, and a traveler into a beautiful world that transports the listener. If you’re from the North, Leela’s music is home. If you’ve never been, it will take you there.
Leela Gilday has connected with fans for over 20 years – playing with her 4-piece band in every territory and province, and touring across the United States, Greenland, Australia and New Zealand. “Leela Gilday’s voice comes straight from the heart. It’s the voice of a winner; the song of a warrior. That’s the call of Leela Gilday.” – David Newland, Roots Music Canada.
Updated March 2, 2022
Performing Arts & Events Safety Protocols
The Aurora Cultural Centre is committed to creating a safe environment for you to enjoy live events. All patrons are required to follow the Centre’s COVID-19 protocols as expressly outlined in our policies, and as guided by the Province of Ontario. The Centre reserves the right to continue health measures that may exceed current guidelines.
- Please familiarize yourself with our current Health and Safety Guidelines in our COVID-19 Update page.
- Masks are required at all times at all live events. This policy will continue through June 30, 2022 and be revisited at that time.
- Proof of Vaccination is no longer required.
- Patrons will be asked to review a set of Passive Screening questions at time of entry.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre’s Vaccination Policy remains in effect for all employees, volunteers, contractors and instructors.
- Our pandemic refund policy is extremely flexible. Cancel any time before the start of a show – and for any reason – and we will refund your money. This includes in the event that you arrive at the venue and find yourself feeling uncomfortable.
Your feedback is vital. Please contribute your insights to our post-show surveys, or speak to our team members at any time.
For questions, please reach out to us by email, or via Live Chat on our website. All queries will be answered within the following business day.
Thank you. We are happy to welcome you back!
This presentation is made possible with the support of