This event has been cancelled due to COVID-19. For more information visit our dedicated COVID-19 webpage. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Brevik Hall Presents Signature Series
John Sheard Presents winds up the season with classics from the American Bandstand – from Motown to the Beach Boys. It was a vibrant time in North American music culture as bands on this side of the Atlantic responded to the British Invasion, creating home-grown hits and using the power of t.v. to gain wide recognition. Stay tuned for the artist line-up!
John Sheard is the founding musical director of Stuart McLean’s Vinyl Cafe. Touring across the country – and further afield – he ensured that Canadian musical talent enjoyed a national spotlight. A piano genius, he pianist, producer and composer since he began his musical career in 1975, he has appeared on over 300 recordings including artists such as Rita MacNeil, Ian Tyson, Colm Wilkinson, Sylvia Tyson, Dan Hill, Rita Coolidge, Olivia Newton-John, Mary-Margaret O’Hara, Celine Dion, Ron Hynes – and hundreds more. Dan Hill’s music director for many years, and for many CBC radio programs including Peter Gzowski’s iconic “Red River Rally” Morningside show, John has produced, written, arranged, recorded for television, performed and quietly become part of the Canadian music bedrock. The Aurora Cultural Centre is proud of our longtime association with John Sheard, and the specially-created series he brings to us every year.
The Fine Print
- NEW! Tickets and subscriptions are available online at auroraculturalcentre.ca (starting in July), by phone at 905 713-1818, or at the Box Office during business hours.
- Subscriptions are now on sale: individual tickets go on sale starting September 3, 2019 at 10 am.
- HST is included in all ticket and subscription prices.
- Ways to Save. Our subscription series packages offer the best option to save, with 20% off your series purchase. Visit here for our selection of subscription packages.
- All patrons require a ticket, regardless of age.
- All tickets are final sale; no refund or exchange is available.
- Cash Bar & CDs available at most Brevik Hall Presents shows.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre is accessible, with an elevator entrance at the north glass doors. Brevik Hall is located on the second floor; there are 2 accessible washrooms on the main and 2nd floor, as well as on the lower level.