This event has been cancelled due to COVID-19. For more information visit our dedicated COVID-19 webpage. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.
Great Artist Music Series
The Aurora Cultural Centre is thrilled to welcome back two classical musicians who have appeared on previously on our stage with other musical collaborators.
In May 2018, Cameron Crozman brought the 1696 Bonjour Stradivarius to our stage, invited by clarinetist James Campbell, along with pianist Leo Erice. Described as a “mature artist with a profound musical imagination,” (Toronto Concert Reviews), Cameron Crozman is being hailed as one of Canada’s leading young cellists. Maintaining an active performance schedule in North America and Europe, engagements have taken Cameron to such prestigious venues as the Shanghai Oriental Arts Center, Berliner Philharmonie, Paris Philharmonie, Philadelphia’s Mann Centre, Montreal’s Maison Symphonique, and Canada’s National Arts Centre. The Canada Council has now loaned Cameron Crozman the 1769 Johannes Guillami cello, a Spanish instrument.
Dedicated to elevating the standard and art of collaborative piano, Philip Chiu is the creator and director of the new Collaborative Piano Program at the Domaine Forget International Festival and Academy. He is an acclaimed accompanist and piano coach based at McGill University, has been an invited professor and collaborator for the Conservatoire de musique de Montréal and l’Universite de Montréal. Noted by La Presse as “…a pianist-painter who turns every musical idea into a beautiful array of colours,” Philip Chiu is lauded for the brilliance, colour and sensitivity of his playing, and is particularly noted for his ability to connect with audiences on and off stage.
Crozman and Chiu have recently collaborated on a new release, Cavatine.
6:45 pm | Pre-concert talk
7:30 pm | Concert** Note the earlier concert start time
The Fine Print
- NEW! Tickets and subscriptions are now available online at auroraculturalcentre.ca (starting in July), or at the Box Office during business hours.
- Subscriptions are now on sale: individual concerts go on sale starting September 3, 2019 at 10 am
- HST is included in all ticket and subscription prices.
- Ways to Save: Our subscription series packages offer the best option to save on your concert purchase. Visit here to discover your subscription options.
- All patrons require a ticket, regardless of age.
- All tickets are final sale; no refund or exchange is available.
- CDs available for cash sale at most Brevik Hall Presents shows.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre is accessible, with an elevator entrance at the north glass doors. Brevik Hall is located on the second floor; there are 2 accessible washrooms on the main and 2nd floor, as well as on the lower level.