**Registration Full – Click Below to be Added to Waitlist**
Sunday | May 29 | 10:00 am – 1:00 pm | One Day Workshop | 16+
Channel Springtime by creating elegant and timeless paper florals that will last for multiple seasons. In this fun workshop you will learn the skills of how to use crepe paper to craft intricate Icelandic poppies and create ultra-realistic petals and blooms. Use your new skills to keep creating, from gift toppers to centrepieces and more! All materials and step-by-step instructional handouts provided upon payment of $15.00 Materials Fee to instructor at workshop. Bring a pair of sharp-tipped scissors.
Meet Your Instructor
Instructor Jessie Chui is a self-taught artist, educator, lawyer, the author of Paper Flower Art, Create Beautifully Realistic Floral Arrangements (GMC Publications, 2019) and co-founder of Paper Talk and the Paper Talk Podcast. After a 7-year legal career, she shifted her focus to raise her son and pursue her creativity. Her paper floral art quickly drew the attention of The Paper Place a retail paper store in Toronto, Ontario, and she began to teach workshops there. With this encouragement, she formally established her art studio Crafted to Bloom in 2016. Her work has been featured on 100 Layer Cake, Green Wedding Shoes, Lia Griffith’s Artist Interview Series, WedLuxe, Holt Renfrew’s Holiday Magazine, Breathe Magazine, and the Botanical Brouhaha podcast, to name a few. In addition to making paper florals on commission, she offers paper flower workshops in private and group settings as well as online paper flower courses. She resides in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada with her husband, 4-year old, and toddler
Updated March 2, 2022
Registered Educational Programming Safety Protocols
The Aurora Cultural Centre is committed to creating a safe environment for you to enjoy live programming. All patrons are required to follow the Centre’s COVID-19 protocols as expressly outlined in our policies, and as guided by the Province of Ontario. The Centre reserves the right to continue health measures that may exceed current guidelines.
- Please familiarize yourself with our current Health and Safety Guidelines in our COVID-19 Update page.
- Masks are required at all times at all live programming. This policy will continue through June 30, 2022 and be revisited at that time.
- Proof of Vaccination is no longer required.
- Patrons will be asked to review a set of Passive Screening questions at time of entry.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre’s Vaccination Policy remains in effect for all employees, volunteers, contractors and instructors.
- Our pandemic refund policy is extremely flexible. Cancel any time before the start of a program – and for any reason – and we will refund your money. This includes in the event that you arrive at the venue and find yourself feeling uncomfortable.
Your feedback is vital. Please contribute your insights to our team members at any time.
For questions, please reach out to us by email, or via Live Chat on our website. All queries will be answered within the following business day.
Thank you. We are happy to welcome you back!