Kaleidoscope Family Series
History and pure fun are integrated in this imaginative retelling of the much loved classic fairy tale – guaranteed to delight all ages for the holidays! Set in 1834 Upper Canada, just as “Muddy” York is to be renamed Toronto, Ella is a kind and capable young girl whose good nature is imposed upon by her new step-family who have come from England with ideas about their own privilege. True to the original tale, with a little magic and some imaginative special effects she does get herself to the Ball, and to the satisfying conclusion of the story.
Stay for the post-show art activity!
Ingeniously staged with a traditional marionette theatre that transforms, into scenes evoking the wilderness, settler life and early Canadian society, this is a Cinderella that Canadian children can call their own!
Toronto-based Puppetmongers has performed throughout Canada and the US, as well as in the UK, France, Belgium, Germany and Iran. Since Ann Powell and David Powell founded Puppetmongers in 1974, the company has become internationally recognized as a leader and innovator in the field of puppetry.
Would you like to introduce your family to the magic of live performing arts?
The Kaleidoscope Trio 2019 – 2020 is the perfect professional performing arts outing especially for school-aged children (and their grown-ups!). A lively and interactive presentation spanning theatre, dance and music – and a post-show art activity to make use of creative energy. Only $36/per 3-show subscription (HST included).
- Yamo! Yamo! Greetings from West Africa! | November 23, 2019 – 2 pm
- Cinderella in Muddy York | December 7, 2019 – 2 pm
- Infinitus – From Handel to Hip Hop | February 8, 2020 – 2 pm
The Fine Print
- NEW! Subscriptions are available online at auroraculturalcentre.ca (starting in July), by phone at 905 713-1818, or at the Box Office during business hours.
- Subscriptions are now on sale: individual concerts & Family 4-packs go on sale starting September 3, 2019 at 10 am.
- HST is included in all ticket and subscription prices.
- Ways to Save: Our subscription series packages offer the best option to save on your concert purchase. Visit here for our selection of subscription packages.
- All patrons require a ticket, regardless of age.
- All tickets are final sale; no refund or exchange is available.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre is accessible, with an elevator entrance at the north glass doors. Brevik Hall is located on the second floor; there are 2 accessible washrooms on the main and 2nd floor, as well as on the lower level.