Chip Carving 101
June 26, 2022 @ 10:00 am |
*Registration closes June 24 at noon*
Sunday | June 26 | 10:00 am – 4:00 pm | One Day Workshop | 16+
Explore the ornate – yet simple – artform of chip carving in this full-day workshop with esteemed artist-instructor Salman Khattak. Chip carving is a method of creating beautiful patterns by carving simple geometric shapes in wood to create decorative pieces of art. You will learn how to grip and hold the knife to perform basic cuts, then practice these skills by drawing patterns and borders. If time permits, carving letters will also be discussed. Absolute beginners welcome, no experience required. All tools and materials provided upon payment of $30.00 Materials Fee to instructor at class. Bring a bagged lunch.
Meet Your Instructor
Salman Khattak is an avid Calligrapher and the fountain pen enthusiast/creative force behind the Toronto Pen Company. Salman teaches Calligraphy through his workshops and private lessons where he specializes in Western and Arabic styles.
Updated March 2, 2022
Registered Educational Programming Safety Protocols
The Aurora Cultural Centre is committed to creating a safe environment for you to enjoy live programming. All patrons are required to follow the Centre’s COVID-19 protocols as expressly outlined in our policies, and as guided by the Province of Ontario. The Centre reserves the right to continue health measures that may exceed current guidelines.
- Please familiarize yourself with our current Health and Safety Guidelines in our COVID-19 Update page.
- Masks are required at all times at all live programming. This policy will continue through June 30, 2022 and be revisited at that time.
- Proof of Vaccination is no longer required.
- Patrons will be asked to review a set of Passive Screening questions at time of entry.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre’s Vaccination Policy remains in effect for all employees, volunteers, contractors and instructors.
- Our pandemic refund policy is extremely flexible. Cancel any time before the start of a program – and for any reason – and we will refund your money. This includes in the event that you arrive at the venue and find yourself feeling uncomfortable.
Your feedback is vital. Please contribute your insights to our team members at any time.
For questions, please reach out to us by email, or via Live Chat on our website. All queries will be answered within the following business day.
Thank you. We are happy to welcome you back!