Around the World with Art (Ages 7-10)
April 23 - June 18 |
*Registration Full. Click above to add yourself to the waitlist*
Saturdays | 8 weeks | 11:30 am – 1:30 pm | April 23 – June 18 *Skip May 21 for Victoria Day*
Take an artistic voyage of discovery around the globe to learn about famous artists, their unique styles, and how they were inspired by the world around them.
Visual arts classes for children include:
- All tools and materials
- Studio-style learning
- Free tote bag to take your art projects home in
- Free t-shirt for messy fun!
Meet Your Instructor
Instructor Alexandra Beneteau (BFA, MA) completed her Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art & Art History in 2006 and her Master of Arts in Art Education in 2010, both from Concordia University. As a life-long learner, she also completed a Graduate Certificate in Museum & Gallery Studies in 2015 from Georgian College. Alexandra is skilled in a range of mediums, including drawing, painting, and sculpture. She has worked and volunteered in many capacities at the McMichael Canadian Art Collection, MacLaren Art Centre, the Woodstock Art Gallery, and she is currently employed at York University.
Updated March 2, 2022
Registered Educational Programming Safety Protocols
The Aurora Cultural Centre is committed to creating a safe environment for you to enjoy live programming. All patrons are required to follow the Centre’s COVID-19 protocols as expressly outlined in our policies, and as guided by the Province of Ontario. The Centre reserves the right to continue health measures that may exceed current guidelines.
- Please familiarize yourself with our current Health and Safety Guidelines in our COVID-19 Update page.
- Masks are required at all times at all live programming. This policy will continue through June 30, 2022 and be revisited at that time.
- Proof of Vaccination is no longer required.
- Patrons will be asked to review a set of Passive Screening questions at time of entry.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre’s Vaccination Policy remains in effect for all employees, volunteers, contractors and instructors.
- Our pandemic refund policy is extremely flexible. Cancel any time before the start of a program – and for any reason – and we will refund your money. This includes in the event that you arrive at the venue and find yourself feeling uncomfortable.
Your feedback is vital. Please contribute your insights to our team members at any time.
For questions, please reach out to us by email, or via Live Chat on our website. All queries will be answered within the following business day.
Thank you. We are happy to welcome you back!