Health and Safety Measures
The health and safety of our patrons is extremely important to us. We are continuously working with artists, instructors, partners, staff and volunteers and will communicate with patrons regarding the status of upcoming events and programs. As public health guidelines evolve, we will update our processes accordingly, and communicate them to you. Please scroll down below this message for further health and safety protocols specific to registered educational programs and performing arts events.
- All patrons, students, volunteers, contractors and staff will maintain a physical distance of 2 meters. Further guidelines can be found below under each specific program.
Masks/Face Coverings/Plexi-Glas Safety Shields
- Masks/face coverings are mandatory for entry into any inside venues, unless you have a medical reason not to wear one as per York Region Public Health guidelines.
- PPE in the form of non-medical paper masks will be available for patrons, students or instructors who fail to provide their own, at no charge.
- York Region Public Health safety signage will be placed throughout the venue.
- All persons entering the venue must wear a face covering that securely covers the nose, mouth and chin.
- See York Region’s Mandatory Use of Face Masks and Coverings for more information and exceptions.
- Performing artists inside and outside will perform behind Plexi-Glas safety shields
- As mandated by York Region all students, instructors, patrons, musicians, technical support staff, Centre staff and volunteers will be required to provide their name, phone number and contact email addresses for contact tracing purposes.
- This information will be kept on file for 30 days after the event, after which it will be destroyed.
- This information will be provided to York Region Public Health in the event of an outbreak.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 throughout your program duration, we ask that you inform your local public health unit of your attendance in our class.
- Staff will provide cleaning and sanitization of high touch points such as door handles and washroom areas throughout the day.
- Ample time between classes will allow our team to clean and sanitize high touch points for the next class.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entry/exit points, and in programming and venue spaces.
- Participants are asked to wash or sanitize their hands upon entry and throughout the program duration.
- Guidance on Cleaning and Disinfecting for Public Settings has been provided by Public Health Ontario.