March 31, 2020
I’m sending you this message from my home office, where many of us find ourselves these days adjusting to working remotely for the immediate term. I am mindful that this is not the case for everyone. Some may be working on the various frontline supports to combat COVID-19, while others may find their working life reduced or on hold. We’re all in this enormously challenging time together and I am proud of how Canadians have united to respond, share, empathize and make it through.
Your outpouring of support for the Aurora Cultural Centre has been nothing short of inspiring. In times of personal uncertainty and worry, you have taken the time to reach out to us, and I want to let you know how much this means to us. Staff continue to work virtually, contacting our visual and performing artists, teachers, instructors, burgeoning new venue relationships, and sponsors affected by our closing. The team – Carol, Clare, Christina, Jane, Jennifer, Katie and Leanne – continue to work from home to create and deliver online content, engage in arts conversations with our community, and to plan for your return.
I encourage you to have a look at our social media and stay connected to art through this tough time as we create and link to artistic content. We all have talents and creative energy in us. Find what helps you lose time and do it, be it a canvas, a piano, dancing in your living room, reading a book. You and your family will feel the calm that comes with activating that side of your brain, over and over.
Please read below for all current cancellation updates. Stay safe, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Executive Director, Aurora Cultural Centre
Following government health and safety measures, the Aurora Cultural Centre facility will remain closed at this time. We will be cancelling our spring class and workshop schedule, all performing arts presentations and gallery programming through until the end of May.
Cancellations apply to the following:
- All classes and workshops between April 1 – May 23, 2020
- All ticketed events from April 1 – May 23, 2020
- Gallery programming planned to open in May is postponed
Refunds, donations, Gift Card options – what happens now?
We have several options available – please choose the one that works best for you.
- As a registered not-for-profit charity, you can choose to Donate your registration or ticket sale and receive a charitable tax receipt in return. These funds will help support new free-access arts programming for children, youth and adults in our new Town Hall programming space, when we are able to gather together once again. To choose this option, please write to email@example.com by April 9th with Donate in the subject line. Please include your name and contact information in the email message.
- Keep your class or ticket fees on file with a Gift Card. The full value of your purchase will be converted to a gift card form, which you can use to apply to any Aurora Cultural Centre class, workshop or individual performing arts event in the future. To choose this option, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 9th with Gift Card in the subject line. Please include your name and contact information in the email message.
- To receive a full Refund for your class, workshop or performing arts ticket, no further action is required. Refunds will be processed by April 17 for those who have not been in contact with us to choose another option. Should you have any questions regarding your refund, please write to email@example.com and we will be able to help you.
Most of all, we want to end by saying a simple and heartfelt thank you for your continuing support. We look forward to welcoming you back for a class, to volunteer your time, drop into the galleries, or bring a group of friends with you to a concert. Your commitment to the arts in our community reminds us of the sunnier days that lay ahead.
Aurora Cultural Centre Team
March 23, 2020
The Aurora Cultural Centre is committed to the health and safety of our patrons, artists, staff, volunteers and community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to these measures, the Centre is closed through April 6, and the staff team is working remotely.
The following performances have been cancelled at this time:
The Berenstain Bears – On Stage – Thursday, March 19, 2 pm
John Sheard Presents The Burt Bacharach Songbook – Friday, March 27, 8 pm
Great Artist Music Series Presentation – The Payadora Tango Ensemble – Friday, April 3, 7:30 pm
Please read below for information on refunds, and donation options. For those of you who have previously visited info[at]auroraculturalcentre.ca with your ticket donation or refund requests for the above events, you do are not required to take any further action. For those of you who have been waiting to determine your next steps, please read on:
I wish to receive a refund for my tickets. What do I need to do?
- The Aurora Cultural Centre will offer a full refund for the value of your tickets back onto your credit card. For those who paid by Debit card, cash or cheque, and request this option, a cheque will be issued and mailed out to you in 4 – 6 weeks.
- To choose this option, please contact info[at]auroraculturalcentre.ca with Berenstain Bears in the subject line, and request this option in the body of the text. We ask that you make your request to us by email as soon as possible. Our Box Office will confirm receipt of this email, and will issue the refund, which will show up on a future credit card statement, or by cheque as outlined above.
I wish to forgo my tickets, and instead donate the value of these tickets to the Aurora Cultural Centre. What do I need to do?
- The Aurora Cultural Centre is a registered not-for-profit charity. We are grateful for your support at this challenging time. Should you wish to forgo these tickets and donate their value back to the Centre, we will issue a charitable receipt for the full amount of your donation.
- To choose this option, please contact info[at]auroraculturalcentre.ca with Berenstain Bears in the subject line, and this request this option in the body of the text. Our Box Office will confirm receipt of this email, and will be back in touch with you to complete this transaction as soon as possible. THANK YOU!
What is happening at the Aurora Cultural Centre?
While our building is currently closed through April 6, our team will continue to work remotely, as possible. We continue to monitor all government and public health agency recommendations to determine our next steps. We will also continue to update information on suspended or cancelled ticketed events and programs, as these details come into place. Please communicate with our team by email rather than phone calls; this is the optimal method to reach our staff during the business day.
Email Contact List
- Suzanne Haines Executive Director | suzanne[at]auroraculturalcentre.ca
- Carol Sharp Administration & Operational Services Manager | carol[at]auroraculturalcentre.ca
- Christina DiPaola Gallery Assistant | christina[at]auroraculturalcentre.ca
- Clare Bolton Gallery Manger | clare[at]auroraculturalcentre.ca
- Jane Taylor Communications & Events Manager | janetaylor[at]auroraculturalcentre.ca
- Jennifer Marrocco Administrative Assistant | jennifer[at]auroraculturalcentre.ca
- Katie Epp Volunteer & Visitor Services Manager | katie[at]auroraculturalcentre.ca
- Leanne DiMonte Education & Outreach Manager | leanne[at]auroraculturalcentre.ca
- General inquiries | info[at]auroraculturalcentre.ca