Join the hardworking and dedicated team at this vibrant cultural centre who delivers exciting arts and culture programs and activities to our community – and beyond. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant is an important member of the team who is direct support staff to the Executive Director, reception and fund development.
This part-time position requires the successful candidate to work a minimum of 25 hours per week during the day with some flexibility for evenings to support events. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, comfortable with telephone and in person patron relations, flexible in their ability to shift from one task to another, a generous team member, and proficient in handling administrative tasks including payment processing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Represent the Aurora Cultural Centre in a positive and professional manner.
· Reception duties to include:
o Greet visitors and answer calls to assess visitor requirements and recommend appropriate program or Aurora Cultural Centre contact.
o Assist in the delivery of programming, including galleries, exhibitions, programs, classes, concerts and special events.
o Assist in the promotion of programs including ticket sales and program registrations.
· Administrative duties to include
o Fund development stakeholder reports and proposals
o Fund development committee minutes and support
o Database tracking, recording, and receipting for donors, sponsors and grants
o Donor renewals
o Grant writing and reporting support
o Research of corporate support partners
o Administrative support for the Executive Director
· Undertake other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Ability to work effectively and professionally independently, and within a team environment.
· Excellent communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
· Proven administrative skills. Detail oriented.
· Experience with Blackbaud/E-Tapestry or other fund development software an asset.
· Proficiency with MS Windows and MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
· Proven experience in a fund development or administrative role for a not-for-profit or other organization delivering programming in arts and/or recreation is an asset.
$15.50 hourly wage plus statutory benefits and deductions
A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, that is acceptable to the Aurora Cultural Centre.
How to apply:
Please email a resume and covering letter to Suzanne Haines, Executive Director
Application deadline: Monday March 26, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.