Individual tickets and Family 4-packs go on sale Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 10 am.
Kaleidoscope Family Series
“Yamo! Yamo!” (“Hello! How are you doing!” in Baoulé) is the greeting from the charismatic ambassador of West African culture! In this dynamic and interactive performance, Fana Soro, a hereditary master musician of the Senoufo people, shares the musical traditions of his home country to showcase the soaring melodies, driving rhythms and use of percussion instruments, and the spirited dances of ancient West African performing arts. It’s a lively voyage of discovery to a vibrant world!
Fana Soro is a musician, dancer and educator from the Ivory Coast, where he was a member of the prestigious Ballet National de Côte d’Ivoire. He is the creative director of the performance group Masabo in Vancouver. Since 1997, Fana has been a cultural ambassador for West Africa, bringing his vast experience to schools and community performances to widespread acclaim.
Would you like to introduce your family to the magic of live performing arts?
The Kaleidoscope Family Series is the perfect professional performing arts outing especially for school-aged children (and their grown-ups!). A lively and interactive presentation spanning theatre, dance and music – and a post-show art activity to make use of creative energy. Only $48/per 4-show subscription (HST included).
- Snow White | August 20, 2019 – 2 pm
- Yamo! Yamo! Greetings from West Africa! | November 23, 2019 – 2 pm
- Cinderella in Muddy York | December 7, 2019 – 2 pm
- Infinitus – From Handel to Hip Hop | February 8, 2020 – 2 pm
The Fine Print
- NEW! Tickets and subscriptions are available online at auroraculturalcentre.ca (starting in July), by phone at 905 713-1818, or at the Box Office during business hours.
- Subscriptions are now on sale: individual concerts & Family 4-packs go on sale starting September 3, 2019 at 10 am.
- HST is included in all ticket and subscription prices.
- Ways to Save: Our subscription series packages offer the best option to save on your concert purchase. Visit here for our selection of subscription packages.
- All patrons require a ticket, regardless of age.
- All tickets are final sale; no refund or exchange is available.
- The Aurora Cultural Centre is accessible, with an elevator entrance at the north glass doors. Brevik Hall is located on the second floor; there are 2 accessible washrooms on the main and 2nd floor, as well as on the lower level.